9.16.2008

August 2008 Part II

Well, what a busy month! Chasing a toddler during the day and feeding an infant all night. I guess this is what they call the "joys of parenthood", clearly whoever coined that phrase wasn't a parent. However, we are enjoying ourselves. Avery is wonderful with Jake. She will stop and just give him a quick kiss throughout the day. She is doing better than I could have hoped. Jake is a big boy and growing bigger by the second. He loves his food, just like his sister. However, he is the opposite of Avery. He is very alert and constantly moving. He already gives big smiles and laughs out loud in his sleep. He stares at everything and follows sounds, especially mommy's voice. Ryan and I both find it funny to say "the kids". We never thought the day would come where we would have one child and now look we have two. Strange things happen!



Avery being silly playing in the cat tent.





















Reading out loud.
She loves her books and will read in her room alone for a good hour at a time. She better not give me a hard time when she gets to school.










Jake with Nana Hanson. Her husband the late PopPop John Hanson is where Jake gets his middle name. She was really excited to see him and quite happy when she was told about the middle name, which was a big surprise. We miss you PopPop Hanson.















Sleepy boy!



















Reading to her daddy through the cat door, while he was working in the basement.



























She was having a rough night and her daddy caught her drawing on the dining room floor with chalk. Oh did I mention it was 1am!














Doesn't he have huge hands. Well he is going to need them to have a fighting chance against his sister.

















Daddy and the kids!















Nanny and Jake. Everyone agrees he looks like my father, which is why she didn't want to give him back.








She is reading alone in her room.The picture is alittle dark, but just listening to her is funny.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to hear Avery read!!! Now drawing on the floor in the middle of the night....oooooooo I'm sure Mommy and Daddy were not very happy with their little angel!!!

Love the little buggers!

Cheryl

Anonymous said...

They are so darn cute, I thank God everyday that you were blessed twice. Prayers do get answered!
Lots of Love
Aunt Jenny & The boys

Anonymous said...

I love the video too!!! She is so cute! Jake looks so long in the one picture....

Kelly