9.04.2009

August 2009



Finally August came and went. I waited all year for it. The weather was finally decent, Jake's bday and of course vacation (check the next blog for those pics). We did have some fun at home enjoying our new deck. The kids love to run back and forth. They also love being able to open the door and not have to climb down any steps, especially "Cautious Avery" . It would take her 10 minutes just to get down the stairs. Jake and Avery just had a dr visit. I would love to tell you what the dr said but I am still recovering from my temporary deafness due to the screaming. Avery is still on the high end of the scale. She is 36lbs and 37 inches tall. Average size of a 4yr old, so I am told. Jake is completely average, except he didn't grow much in 3 months. But he also doesn't sit still to measure him either (think mexican jumping bean). Yeah those dr visits are always a joy. Can't wait for the next visit...I bet the staff think the same thing :)
New (expensive) deck. To save dough we put it up ourselves. So alot of late mosquito bitten nights. But we are getting lots of use out of it already. The dog loves to take a flying leap from the top.















That's right, you are no longer a baby...start earning your keep!




Glad to see you take pride in you work, don't miss that spot.















Smiling will get you everything! Just ask Avery (and her aunts, cousins and grandparents)








Strike a pose! Show me sweet and innocent (you know the opposite of what you are)!


















hmmm, I guess Jake feels his blankie needs to be washed.











Well, it's a start. Maybe next year we can try the new tube in more than 5 inches of water.












Here comes sneaky-monkey. He figured out how to pull the screen open by pushing a hole in it and using that as a handle. Now we lock it.
















Goofball!









She needed to take a moment. So I told her to go to her room and lay down. That is the 1st (and I am sure the last) time she will ever do what I ask.








No comments: